I LOVE Harry Potter!!! Went to watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday with Vivy Was almost late so I swallowed down my dinner in about 5 minutes. That was pretty embarrassing actually, but the only guys I cared about at that time were Mr.Weasley and Mr.Potter so I just didn't really care I was so excited about watching the movie. There's a slight sadness though that I didn't get to watch this one with my bestfriends, just like what we did with the last 2. I was kinda hoping this could be our tradition *sigH*. This reminds me, yesterday night I actually dreamt that I watched a Linkin Park concert with my brother and cousin, Marlisa. Is that mean that I miss my cousin so? It's so weird. I could see Chester and Joe Hahn in my dream and I woke up with Figure.09 stuck in my head

Okay back to Potter. This is my take on the movie:

- Nice! As always. Even on the first scene it was already quite amusing when Harry blew up his aunt. I didn't expect that to be something really interesting but it was. So we had a really good start.

- The movie was very dark (so they say). Well, the story itself was getting darker and more serious, but overall the feel of the movie was very dark. With the previous director, Chris Columbus, at least the grass is still very green and the sky is still blue. But with the new director, Alfonso Cuaron, it was always cloudy. The whole scene just felt darker.

- The school layout changed a bit. I like the previous location of Hagrid's hut. This one just felt too dramatic.

- I like the previous Albus Dumbledore. This one talked more, so I don't know, I just didn't really feel the charisma, he's not cool enough.

- The hippogriff was slightly disappointing for me. Not scary enough and not big enough, but at least now it makes sense to me how Sirius could keep Buckbeak in his room.

- Everyone is all grown up. I should have written this as my first point. Having watch The Sorcerer's Stone on Sunday and Monday, it was truly very different to see all of them in Azkaban. My goodness! Harry is so big. Fred and George looked very British. But I still think that everyone are still okay for the part.

- Everyone is getting skinnier. Please, Neville Longbottom, Crabbe, and Goyle should not be that skinny. I think even Malfoy is getting skinnier.

- Where's my darling Captain Oliver Wood? Quidditch didn't really take much air-time this time around and my dear Oliver Wood was not in the movie

- Harry was not supposed to use magic during holiday, but the first scene we saw him using magic at the Dursley's house was when he was conjuring light from his wand. So the thing about using magic for blowing up his aunt was kinda wrong because he didn't use any incantation on her. I just thought the scene of him using his lighted wand to read was kinda wrong.

- Malfoy seemed to be such a chicken. I just think there should be more toughness in him.

Overall the movie is good. It has a good story. The book is much better of course because it was more complete. I still like Ron the best. He just had the best expression in his face. I didn't feel he had much screen time in this movie, which is quite sad. I think he actually should have more lines in the scene inside the shrieking shack. I don't know if this makes him a bad actor or a good actor, but I just wanted to laugh seeing his expression, even in the part where he was dragged by Sirius down through the whimping willow. The thing about a Harry Potter movie is: the pace is quite fast from one part to another. So sometime the flow just didn't feel that smooth. Well there's so much thing in the book and to fit them all in a movie, you really have to move fast. I can't wait for the Goblet of Fire. It's gonna be so awesome. I was happy and amused with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was truly not a disappointment.

:) eKa @ 9:05:00 AM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.