In America

I went to watch In America today. Had been wanting to do it since last week but I only managed to get my lazy ass to the movie today I'm glad I watched it because I did have a bit of doubt if I should watch this movie or other movie like Big Fish or Something's Gotta Give. See, In America doesn't really have much trailer running around in TV. I found out about this movie from the trailer in TV mobile and it just stuck with me. The thing with me is, once something stuck (be it good or bad) in my head, I have difficulty in letting it go. So I think I really just have to go and watch this movie so that it would get out of my head. Honestly, the trailer didn't really give much clue about what the story is, so I don't really know what kind of movie I was about to watch. It turns out to be such a good movie, truly heart-warming. Good storyline, good cast, everything intertwine nicely. I actually shed some tears at the end of the movie and I think most of the ladies watching the movie were shedding some tears too. I can't really say that the movie has a sad ending nor that it has a happy ending, I guess the movie is just...well...it ends exactly with the message that I feel is being sent to the audience that "Everything will be alright". I like the movie I can't figure out though, why Samantha Morton got an Oscar nomination for her role in this movie. I find that the girl who played Ariel is the best actor of all

Got my new contact lenses today. Got my eyes checked 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, my eyes are actually flat that the optician feels that I'll be better off with a customized lenses. I didn't have any astimagtism (or cylinder as we call it in Indonesia) and my eyes actually didn't really get much worse. I thought I'll be having -4 (or power 400 as they call it in Singapore?). I promise if I am a bit rich later on in life and my eyes get worse, I'm just gonna have Lasik. My new lenses feel okay (I guess). The optician said that it might need some time for me to really get adjusted with this new lenses. By the way, I found the lenses to be expensive, I got some goodies of course, but the whole thing costed me S$ 180 (Hua....I should not spend so much money). The optician is so nice and friendly, I feel she can sell me anything. She gave me so many solutions that I feel that this whole thing is so troublesome. I remember my first time wearing lenses, I was also given so many solutions, I then happily switched to the multi-purpose solution. However, this new lenses of mine should be able to last 2 years with proper care, so I guess I should really take good care of it, even with my 3 types of solution + protein removal tablets

Yesterday, March 5, 2004, was my dear cousin Marlisa's 22nd birthday. So I just want to say a little shout out for her.

Happy Birthday
I wish her all the happiness and love in the world....miss her much...


:) eKa @ 11:37:00 PM •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

back to home

archives.